The ability to give and receive feedback effectively is essential for personal growth, staff development, and for creating enhanced interpersonal, leadership and team effectiveness. Key learning objectives of this session include:
1. Learn approaches and mindsets for approaching difficult conversations.
2. Understand barriers to receiving feedback, including triggers which cause us to discount or reject the potential value of what the giver is saying.
3. Explore mindsets and best practices on how to graciously receive feedback.
4. Develop familiarity with how to effectively provide feedback to others using several proven tools, including Personal Accountability Questions (PAQs), the LCS (Likes-Concerns-Suggestions) technique, and the SBI (Situation – Behavior- Impact) tool.
5. Learn best practices for how to follow-through and follow-up to ensure productive and effective use of feedback conversations.
6. Develop a personal action plan for applying these tools and techniques in the workplace.