This course has been designed to present an overview of your responsibilities as a Supervisor and to assist you in identifying and utilizing the resources available to allow you to be successful in your role.
Definition of Supervisor: Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; interviews and selects employees and recommends appointments, transfers, reassignments, terminations and disciplinary actions; assigns employee duties and reviews work to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with established, standards, requirements and procedures.
• Identify the County's expectations of a supervisor
• How to develop and utilize performance standards
• Identify the effect of MOUs on supervisory positions
• Awareness of Management Rights and Employee Rights
• The importance of effective delegation
• How to keep minor employee performance problems from becoming serious problems
• How to interact with staff in an efficient and effective manner
• Identify techniques for effective communications
• How to evaluate Probationary and Permanent employees
• The importance of documenting employee performance
• How to use the progressive discipline process when appropriate